Fish and chips Recipe
is a hot dish which consists of fried fish in batter, which is served with chips. This dish originated in England, It tastes best when served hot. It is a dish which can be served as a main course it mainly comprises Battered as has been noted fried fish with deep-fried chips.
So today I am going to tell you about the recipe for Fish and chips i know that after reading the steps below you will wonder how easy to convenient it is to make Fish and chips at home. I am sure that after following the steps given below this recipe will give you tasty Fish and chips just like the market.
Ingredients used to make Fish and chips:-
- 4 large potatoes, which should be peeled and cut into strips.
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- 1 teaspoon of salt.
- 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- 1 cup of milk.
- 1 egg.
- 1 quart of vegetable oil for frying.
- One and a half pounds of cod fillets
STEPS TO MAKE FISH AND CHIPS AT HOME
- Take a medium-sized bowl & place potatoes in it with some cold water.
- Now take another medium-sized bowl, & add flour, baking powder, salt, & pepper.
- Mix all the ingredients properly with the help of a spoon for about 20 to 30 seconds.
- Now take one more bowl & add milk & egg to it. Stir this mixture properly with the help of a whisker or a spoon till the mixture gets smooth.
- After mixing the mixture keep the mixture stand for about 20 minutes.
- Now take a big, deep fry pan, & keep it on the gas stove over a high flame. Now add oil to it as has been noted wait till the oil gets heated up properly.
- Now cut the potatoes into the shape of French fries.
- After cutting them fry the potatoes in the hot oil till they are tender. Fry them till they start getting a little golden brown.
- Now take them out from the oil & keep them on a paper tissue.
- Now dredge the fish in the batter, which is prepared. Remember to dip one piece at a time so that no mess is created.
- Then place them in the hot oil & fry till the fish becomes golden brown.
- Try to cook it on medium flame but If necessary, you can increase the heat to maintain the 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) temperature. Drain well on paper towels.
- Now take it out from the oil & keep it on a paper tissue.
- Fry the potatoes again for 1 to 2 minutes to add more crispness.
- Now our delicious fish & chips are prepared & ready to eat, enjoy eating with your loved ones.
Hope this article was helpful to you and help you in gaining some knowledge. Comment Below and give some feedback
Don't Forget to Share this topic with your Friends. You can share this on Facebook, Twitter and You can also E-Mail.
Please don't forget to Bookmark This site and get back Again. We keep Adding Valuable Content every day. So Please don't forget to Subscribe to our News Letter. If you are interested in cooking, check out our cooking section by clicking Here.