is a very famous South Indian dish which is very healthy and delicious to eat. It is a very light food which can be digested easily by our digestive system. It is also loved in some parts of north India. It mainly consists of chopped veggies and idli which are made of steamed batter. Also, it is very easy to prepare it at home.
So today I am going to tell you about the recipe for Idli Sambar and I know that after reading the steps given below you will wonder how easy and convenient it is to make Idli Sambar at home. I am sure that after following the steps given below this recipe will give you a tasty Idli Sambar just like the market. All you need to do is collect all the ingredients and follow the given steps. Idli Sambar Recipe | Tiffin Sambar. hotel style idli sambar recipe. Tiffin sambar recipe (Idli sambar with toor dal). How To Make Restaurant Style Idli Sambar.
Ingredients used to make Idli Sambar:-
- One teaspoon of coconut oil
- One-fourth cup of coriander seeds
- One teaspoon of cumin/jeera
- One teaspoon of urad dal
- One teaspoon of chana dal
- Dried red chilli
- One teaspoon of mustard
- One-fourth teaspoon of methi
- Curry leaves
- Four halved shallots
- Two chilli
- One chopped tomato
- Half chopped carrot
- One diced potato
- Five chopped beans
- Five pieces of drumstick
- Half brinjal
- One-fourth teaspoon of turmeric
- Half a teaspoon of jaggery
- One teaspoon of salt
- One cup of water
- Three-fourths cup of tamarind extract
- One cup of toor dal
- Two tablespoons of coriander
STEPS TO MAKE IDLI SAMBER AT HOME
- Take a big kadhai, and place it on a gas stove over a high or medium flame. After Kadhai gets heated up add oil to it.
- After the oil gets heated up add shallots, and 2 chilli and cook for about a minute till it changes its colour.
- Then add chopped tomato with other veggies like chopped carrots, brinjal, beans and diced potatoes in it.
- After adding veggies add tsp turmeric, jaggery, salt and 1 cup water to kadhai. Mix all the ingredients well with the help of a spoon.
Cover the Kadhahi
- Now cover the kadhai with a lid and boil it for about 10 to 15 minutes. In between add three-fourth cups of tamarind extract, mix it and cook again for 10 more minutes.
- Now after 10 minutes add 1 cup of toor dal, and water to the kadhai with some sambar masala.
- Boil for some time till everything gets mixed well then add coriander leaves in it and mix well.
- Now our delicious sambar is prepared. Prepare idly by preparing idli batter and steam it in a steamer or cooker.
- Serve the sambar with idli and enjoy eating with your loved one.
Hope this article was helpful to you and help you in gaining some knowledge. Comment Below and give some feedback
Don't Forget to Share this topic with your Friends. You can share this on Facebook, Twitter and You can also E-Mail.
Please don't forget to Bookmark This site and get back Again. We keep Adding Valuable Content every day. So Please don't forget to Subscribe to our News Letter. If you are interested in cooking, check out our cooking section by clicking Here.