kheer is one of the most delicious and popular sweet dishes in India. It is very delicious and is loved by everyone. It is prepared from milk and rice. This dish is mainly prepared at some festivals or at the time of happiness. It is very easy to prepare this dish at home.
So today I am going to tell about the recipe of Kheer and I know that after reading the steps given below you will wonder how easy and convenient it is to make Kheer at home. I am sure that after following the steps given below this recipe will give you a tasty Kheer just like the market. All you need to do is collect all the ingredients and follow the given steps.
Ingredients used to make Kheer
- One-fourth cup of basmati rice
- Sugar according to taste
- One litre of milk
- Half a teaspoon of cardamom powder
- 1 pinch of saffron strands
- Chopped or sliced almonds
- Chopped or sliced cashews
- Chopped or sliced unsalted pistachios
- One tablespoon of raisins
STEPS TO MAKE KHEER AT HOME
- Take a bowl, and add basmati rice to it. Wash them properly under cold water. Then keep them in water for around 15 to 20 minutes.
- Take a small pan and add water to it. Wait till it gets hot. After that add 12 to 13 almonds to it and cover it up with a lid. Wait for some time, then remove almonds and peel their upper skin.
- Now take a big pot or utensil. Pour one litre of full-fat milk into it. Place the pan on a gas stove over low or medium flame.
- Stir milk after every regular interval of time. Bring the milk to a boil. In between take one spoon of milk in a small bowl and ass saffron strands in it.
- When the milk begins to boil, add the soaked rice to the milk after draining its water from the bowl. Mix the rice properly by stirring it with a spoon.
- Cook the rice on a low flame without covering it with a lid. Rice should be half-cooked, so don't cook it fully.
- Now add sugar to milk according to your taste. After adding sugar mix it well by stirring it.
- Now cook the rice till it gets cooked properly. In between add cardamom powder, blanched & peeled sliced almonds, chopped cashews and sliced pistachios and saffron. Mix them well in the boiling milk.
- Now cook it on low flame till kheer gets thickens. Remove the kheer from the gas stove and let it get cooled.
- Now at last add raisins to the kheer.
- Now our delicious is kheer prepared and ready to eat. Serve it in the serving bowls and enjoy eating it with your loved ones.
- You can eat it hot as well as old. Also, you can store leftover kheer in the refrigerator.
Hope this article was helpful to you and help you in gaining some knowledge. Comment Below and give some feedback
Don't Forget to Share this topic with your Friends. You can share this on Facebook, Twitter and You can also E-Mail.
Please don't forget to Bookmark This site and get back Again. We keep Adding Valuable Content every day. So Please don't forget to Subscribe to our News Letter. If you are interested in cooking, check out our cooking section by clicking Here.