Magnesium is a metal that is as vital to the human body as fats, sugars, and proteins, but this macronutrient is very important to us. There are about 24 grams of magnesium present in an average human body most of it is stored in the bones. It is used in the human body for structural support in cells, bones and as an enzyme co-factor for over 300 different enzymes. It is also required for energy production, oxidative phosphorylation, and glycolysis.
PROBLEMS DUE TO DEFICIENCY OF MAGNESIUM
Till now we know what magnesium is and what it's the role of it in our body. Now let’s know about the problems which are basically caused due to deficiency of magnesium: -
- Constant feeling of fatigue or tiredness in the body.
- Craving of eating sugar
- The regular occurring of muscle cramps and muscle soreness
- Insomnia is a disease in which you are not able to sleep properly and which results in weakness in the body as it doesn’t get proper rest.
- Low magnesium level increases the risk of developing bone problems.
- Mental problems like stress. If you are going through stress then you might have problems with your magnesium level.
- Irregular heartbeat
BENEFITS OF MAGNESIUM
- Magnesium has over 300 different cellular functions in the body.
- Helps to regulate calcium. The presence of magnesium is necessary so that calcium can do its job properly.
- It is a relaxation mineral as it helps to relax muscles and gives relief in muscle cramping.
- It also helps to cope up with stress, fatigue, and anxiety.
- It also acts as a natural treatment for blood pressure problems.
SOURCES OF MAGNESIUM
- The main source of magnesium is collecting it from our day-to-day life from our meals and diets. It can be easily consumed from almonds, pumpkin seeds, and sesame seeds.
- It can also be consumed from the foods which are rich in magnesium like;
- Green vegetables or green food specifically spinach and chard
- Avocados are again rich in magnesium
- Beans especially the black beams
- Coconut water
This article was all about magnesium, its benefits, problems caused due to its deficiency, and sources from which we can consume it. So in the end, I hope this article was knowledge full to you and you grab some important information from it.
Hope this article was helpful to you and help you in gaining some knowledge. Comment Below and give some feedback
Please don' forget to Bookmark This site and get back Again. We keep on Adding everyday new Contents. So Please don't forget to Subscribe our News Letter. If you are interested in cooking, Check out our cooking section by clicking Hereor Here
Don't Forget to Share this topic with your Friends. You can just share this on Facebook, Twitter and You can also E-Mail.
Excellent post. I certainly love this website. Continue the good work!
That is a very good tip particularly to those new to the blogosphere. Simple but very accurate information… Thank you for sharing this one. A must read post!