Urad Dal Recipe: - The more light the lentils are, the easier it is to make them. You can eat lentils for lunch. Lentils are rich in nutrients, especially protein. While urad dal is rich in iron and vitamins. How to make Sabut Urad Dal. How to make Black Gram Curry
Urad Dal Recipe ingredients
- Urad Dal - 1/2 cup (100 grams)
- Tomato - 1 paste
- Green chili - 1 paste
- Ginger paste - ½ tsp
- Ginger - ½ inch piece (finely chopped)
- Coriander - 2-3 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Curry leaves - 8-10
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida - 1 pinch
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder - 1 tsp
- Garam Masala - less than 1/4 teaspoon
- Red chili powder - 1/4 tsp
- Whole Red Chili - 2
- Cinnamon - 1/2 inch piece
- Cardamom - 1
- Cloves - 2
- Black pepper - 10 ghee - 2-3 tbsp
Method of Making Urad Dal
- Clean and wash the urad dal.
- Wash and clean tomato green chilies and put them in a mixer jar to make a paste.
- Peel the big cardamom and take out its seeds. Now coarsely grind these seeds, black pepper, and cloves.
- Put 1-2 tablespoons of Ghee in the cooker and let it heat up. When the ghee is hot, add cumin seeds and fry them, add asafoetida, coarsely ground spices, turmeric powder, coriander powder, and curry leaves, and fry the spices by mixing them well.
- After this, add tomato green chili paste, ginger paste, and finely chopped ginger and fry until the ghee starts separating from the spices.
- When the ghee starts separating from the spices, add urad dal and fry the dal with the spices for 1 minute. Now add 2 cups of water and salt and mix.
- Turn off the cooker. After one whistle in the cooker, reduce the flame, and let the dal cook for 2 minutes. Turn off the gas.
- When all the steam comes out from the cooker, then open the lid of the cooker. Now add garam masala and finely chopped green coriander and mix. Dal is ready to be eaten,
Urad dal nutrients
Energy 341Kcal, Carbohydrates 58.99 g, Protein 25.21 g, Total Fat 1.64 g, Dietary Fiber 18.3 g, Folates 216 mg, Niacin 1.447 mg, Pantothenic acid 0.906 mg, Pyridoxine 0.281 mg, Riboflavin 0.254 mg, Thiamin 0.273 mg
Hope you like this recipe and will try to make this delicious recipe at home.
Hope this article was helpful to you and help you in gaining some knowledge. Comment Below and give some feedback
Also Read: Related Health and Fitness by Clicking Here.Get unlimited coupons click here. For Yoga Tips Click here. Check out latest movies and web series from HereGet favorite movies from HereWant gadget info? Click Here.Please don' forget to Bookmark This site and get back Again. We keep on Adding everyday new Contents. So Please don't forget to Subscribe our News Letter.
Don't Forget to Share this topic with your Friends. You can just share this on Facebook,Twitter and You can also E-Mail.