Vitamin B-12 is basically a water-soluble vitamin. This vitamin can be stored in the human body. The body of a normal human being can store vitamin B-12 for around four years. This vitamin can also be dissolved in water. If there are any unwanted vitamin B-12 then it is excreted from urine. All the meat is rich in vitamin b 12 so it can be easily consumed from meat.
PROBLEMS DUE TO DEFICIENCY OF VITAMIN B – 12
Till now we know what vitamin b – 12 is and what the role of it in our body. Now let’s know about the problems which are basically caused due to deficiency of vitamin b – 12.
- Damage to the nervous system and brain.
- The person remains in confusion and faces memory problems, and fatigue.
- In infants, there may be problems such as face tremors, feeding difficulties, irritation, and eventual growth.
- Risk of permanent nerve and brain damage.
- Deficiency of vitamin B-12 may also lead to anemia.
- The color of the skin gets pale yellowing.
- Affects menstrual problems
BENEFITS OF VITAMIN B – 12 FOODS
- Vitamin B – 12 is very essential for our brain function.
- It helps to prevent neurological difficulties and anemia in our bodies.
- An individual must consume more than 2.4 micrograms (mcg) of vitamin B-12 daily. This is the minimum requirement that must be fulfilled.
SOURCES OF VITAMIN B – 12 FOODS
- Vitamin b – 12 can be consumed from various supplements which are available in the market but only consume after doctors’ advice.
- Iron can also b consumed by eating food items that are rich in vitamin b – 12 and they are listed below: –
- Vitamin B-12 is can be consumed from meats, like beef, pork, ham, poultry, lamb, fish (especially haddock and tuna)
- From dairy products, like milk, cheese, curd, buttermilk, butter, and yogurt
- Yeast products
- Soya milk C
- And for those who are vegetarian, that is who don’t eat meat they can consume it from vegans.
Hope this article was helpful to you and help you in gaining some knowledge. Comment Below and give some feedbackPlease don’ forget to Bookmark This site and get back Again. We keep on Adding everyday new Contents. So Please don’t forget to Subscribe our News Letter. If you are interested in cooking, Check out our cooking section by clicking Hereor Here
Don’t Forget to Share this topic with your Friends. You can just share this on Facebook, Twitter and You can also E-Mail.